- E-BookBuilders will assign project number, send Paypal invoice. (payment due before work is started)
- Email cover, manuscript, and front & back matter to E-BookBuilders referencing project number.
- Manuscript ran through word-processing assessment for special characters, formatting styles etc.
- E-BookBuilders will decide which format to do first – print or ebook – depending on genre and design demands.
- Mock-ups of design styles sent to author for input.
- First draft sent to client for approval or list of any changes needed – file will be sent as PDF or mobi format for viewing on Kindle Previewer unless epub format draft requested.
- Corrections or changes (to formatting) should be submitted in list format with chapter number and a text-string of 5-7 words for locating where the change should be implemented. (In cases of print interior being the first format, specify page number listed on the page not the PDF’s internal page number)
- If corrections/changes requested, 2nd draft sent for approval.
- Final formatting check to include:
- Metadata correctly input
- ToC correctly linked.
- Fully functioning NCX
- ePub check for validation
- Final file formats sent to author/publisher for uploading to retailers and/or distributors.