- E-BookBuilders will assign project number, send Paypal invoice. (payment due before work is started)
- Fill out the form and submit the information requested.
- Manuscript ran through word-processing assessment for special characters, formatting styles etc.
- Mock-ups of design styles sent to author for input.
- E-BookBuilders will do layout – print first in cases of packages.
- First draft sent to client for approval or list of any changes needed – file will be sent as PDF or mobi format for viewing on Kindle Previewer unless epub format draft requested. (A ‘instuction’ sheet will be sent as well to help author submit any corrections or changes in the proper format)
- If corrections/changes requested, 2nd draft sent for approval.
- Final formatting check to include:
- Metadata correctly input
- ToC correctly linked.
- Fully functioning NCX
- ePub check for validation
- Final file formats sent to author/publisher for uploading to retailers and/or distributors.
Kindle Previewer will give an idea of the Amazon Kindle mobi file’s look on various Kindle devices.
eReaders other than Kindle use firmware based on Adobe Digital Editions.
A PDF view such as Adobe Acrobat is needed to view print-ready PDF files.